Research & Development
In spite of its small business features, DARES is strongly focusing on innovation and development.
In that perspective, not only DARES collaborates with academic institutions and industries on various projects, but also develops some self-funded research.
For background, interest fields are mainly those related to (hard and soft) nondestructive testing, special processes and measures technologies.
However, due to the passion and the sensitivity to social work, even more general strings echo in the DARES ambitions and projects, ranging from education to business development, until research that lap the neuro-sciences.
Support to industries and universities
FUPICO VIR/P3 and SAIA VIR/P2 (Ultrasounds applied to aeronautical innovative wing structures)
CERVIA – Innovative and Advanced Methods for Certification and Verification (Standardization and ontology of defects for NDT/CAE integration, soft computing and predictive models for NDT)
TABASCO – Low Cost Technologies and Manufacturing Processes for Advanced Airfcraft Composite Structures (Development of NDT techniques for general aviation)
Regional Contract Program 2012 (Ultrasonic systems and techniques development)
Self-funded research themes
- Gap measurement from only one side in the assembly of composite parts
- Augmented reality applied to NDT
- Simulations of volumetric porosity in composite materials
- Protocols for free remote training
- Similarity algorithms for the classification of defects
- Self-service business intelligence (SSBI)
- Mathematics of consciousness and learning
- Fast Smart Inspection